Thursday, May 29, 2014

Victoria Bylin


Dear Readers,

A few weeks ago I had a chance to tuck myself in a warm corner of my porch.  Out of the wind but in the sunshine.  It wasn’t really sit-outside weather yet, but that little corner was prefect.  I thought I would enjoy a few minutes of reading a new author Victoria Bylin’s book Until I Found You.  Well, a couple hours later I found myself completely enjoying the storyline and the romance that went with it. 

It is a typical boy swears off girls, girl swerves off road, boy rescues girl from the cliff story.   Ok, not so typical, but loads of fun to read.  Each of the main characters has different reasons for not wanting to get involved with anyone.  Kate doesn’t want to get involved because she only plans on staying in town long enough to make sure her grandmother has recovered from her stroke.  Nick is a new Christian who is recovering from life in the fast lane.  He figures the best way to do that is to focus on his new found faith and his work.  Of course Kate challenges that right from the first minute when he finds her hanging off a cliff. 
 

A sweet story with lovely characters is always a pleasure to read, but Victoria adds in a California Condor named Wistoyo.  It is an element that adds so much to the storyline.  I knew very little about California Condors. While I was reading about them in this book it made me want to know more, so I looked up some information on them and found out lots of interesting things about the birds and how they are recovering since being on the brink of extinction. 

Happy Reading,

No comments: