Wednesday, May 7, 2014

New (re) Release - At Home in Mitford - Jan Karon

Dear Readers,

I fell in love with the Mitford books the minute I met Father Tim.  I wanted to move to Mitford and enjoy the pleasure of all the quirky characters you meet between the pages.  I mourned the loss of several of the wonderful characters and even more so the slow death of the little town tucked into the hills of North Carolina.  I waited months for the new book to arrive and would savor every moment in the company of some of the best people I knew. 

Whether in Mitford itself or following Father Tim and Cynthia around the world, the books of Mitford have always felt like coming home.  So when word got out that there was going to be a new Mitford book this fall, Somewhere Safe with Someone Good, I put it on my must read booklist where I am sure it will pop right to the top when the book arrives.


In the mean time, the first book of the series, At Home in Mitford has been re-released.  Not only in honor of the new book, but also because it is the 20th anniversary of it's first release.  20 years of pulling up a chair, grabbing a cup of tea, putting your feet up and relaxing while a delightful story washes over year and clears the dust off your soul.

If you have never read the Mitford books there is plenty of time to find your way to the world of Father Tim, fall in love and eagerly await the next one with the rest of us.

Happy Reading,

1 comment:

Sue said...

I have read through the series several times. They are among my favorite books!