Thursday, August 21, 2014

Robert Whitlow


Dear Readers,

There is nothing better than sinking into a wonderfully written mystery.  It is my favorite genre by far and the one that, if given a choice, would be the only one I would read.  The trick is to find the good ones, you usually have to wade through a few bad ones before you find the next one you will want to talk about to everyone who asks and a few who don’t ask.  The Confession by Robert Whitlow fits in the category of a book you will want to tell you friends to read, just so you get a chance to compare notes with each other. 

Holt and Trish start investigating a cold case and it gets them both in a huge amount of trouble both in their personal lives and in their work environment.   When the wealthiest man in town is found dead of a gunshot wound to the chest, it is ruled a suicide, but as Holt and Trish dig into it more and more, there are things that just don’t fit together.  Will they find the answers before they are forced to stop looking into it?
 
I love that it takes me a while to figure out Robert’s mysteries.  He is very good about laying out the little clues you need to see, but he is also good at a few deceptive clues that will lead you down a path that has nothing to do with the answers to the puzzle.  I have found the best way to read a book by Robert is with as few as possible distractions, that way maybe I will know who the killer is before I get to the final pages.

I find it exciting that there are so many readers that now come into the store asking for Robert's newest book.  I have enjoyed his books for years now and am so glad to see that readers are finding him and coming in for more.

Happy Reading,

No comments: