Tuesday, July 29, 2014

New Release - Penny Wise - Neta and Dave Jackson

Dear Readers,

Most of you already know how I feel about Neta and Dave Jackson's book.  I love them.  They are about the only series I have read that has made me want to live in Chicago.  I then remind myself I would not like to live in Chicago, but I can enjoy the city through the books the Jacksons write.

The Windy City Neighbors series has been so fun to read because it brings you right into the neighborhoods that are so famous in Chicago.  Each little community has it own unique group of people living there.  They each have their own shops, stores and problems.  Penny Wise is book #3 in the series and is Neta and Dave's latest release.

Michelle Jaspers is just trying to make it through each day.  With 3 teenagers in her house, a full time job, volunteer work and church life she doesn't have to hang out with her new neighbors.

Penny WiseHarry and Estelle Bentley have reached out to the families of the neighborhood, but Michelle just doesn't know how she would deal with their needs when she can barely deal with her own family's.  So when suddenly her kids are the ones at risk, Michelle faces a crisis of faith and isn't sure where to turn.

Just as the Yada Yada Prayer group books made us all want to start, and many of us did, our own prayers groups, the Windy City books are reminding us that our neighbors need us as much as we need them.

Happy Reading,

No comments: