Wednesday, January 13, 2016

New Release - Stars over Sunset Boulevard - Susan Meissner

Dear Readers,

It has become a tradition for me to read a Susan Meissner book on the plane ride to my vacation.  I was a bit worried that this year we are going a bit earlier than in years past that one would not be ready.  Well I didn't need to worry, Susan knew what I needed and made sure one was ready.

SOSB_NEW_Final.inddStars over Sunset Boulevard just released and now I just have to refrain from reading until I leave on vacation. :-)

With Susan's signature contemporary/historical blend of writing we get to peek behind the curtain of Hollywood during its glamour years.  1938 we are on the set for the filming of the movie Gone with the Wind where we meet two young ladies trying to make a go of it in acting.  Violet is reinventing herself after a dream of being a wife and mother falls apart and Audrey has given up her dream of being an actress and starts working on the sets to make ends meet.

In the contemporary a hat worn by Scarlett O' Hara is brought to a second hand shop the owner wants to return it to whomever dropped it off.  Instead it leads Christine on a journey of a life time.

A book about the golden age of Hollywood and a vacation in warmer temps.  What more could I ask for?

Happy Reading,

No comments: