Wednesday, January 27, 2016

New Release - The Feathered Bone - Julie Cantrell

Dear Readers,

The Feathered Bone by Julie Cantrell is a book I have waited a couple years for.  I fell in love with Julie's writing with Into the Free.  Her voice during the storytelling was so genuine that I knew I had found an author I wanted to write more and more books.

Amanda Salassi is worried about chaperoning her daughter's class field trip to New Orleans.  Her worst fears come true when one of her daughter's friends disappears.  Filled with guilt, Amanda and her family slowly fall apart.  Her daughter to depression and her husband to anger.

If I know anything about Julie's writing, this will not be an easy read.  She does not leave you comfortable with her characters or their actions, but they are very real.  She makes you face issues that you may never have thought of and wander your way through them alongside the characters.  

I look forward to a chance to start reading Feathered Bone soon.

Happy Reading,

No comments: