Tuesday, May 26, 2015

New Release - The Midwife's Tale - Delia Parr

Dear Readers,

Delia Parr has been part of the Christian Fiction market for as long as I can remember.  In fact I went looking for her titles to see what I have read of hers.  It turns out I have read several of her titles and found a few that I have not.  With her newest release, The Midwife's Tale, I am not sure I will have time to go back and read some of her older titles. 

The+Midwife%27s+TaleThe Midwife's Tale is the story of Martha the midwife for the little town of Trinity during the 1800's.  Things are beginning to change for Martha.  Not only is her daughter not willing to follow in her footsteps, but Victoria ran away from home.  With no one to take over for her Martha is wondering about her life's work and when a new doctor moves into town, maybe she is not doing what she should be.

With not only her life's work at risk, but also her faith, Martha believes she is still doing God's work.  Now she just has to figure out how that fits in with the town and all that is going on in the community.

A gentle story about a woman who is facing changes in her life that she is not sure she is ready for. One that may make you long for time that have long past, but are so very fun to visit again and again.

Happy Reading,

No comments: