Wednesday, November 9, 2011

David and Diane Munson

Dear Readers,
I am going to do something that I don't do very often.  I am going to talk about a book I haven't read yet.  The Joshua Covenant by David and Diane Munson released this past week here at the store.  Which I am excited about anyway, but to make it even more exciting for us, David and Diane are doing their book launch here at Baker this Saturday, November 12th from 1-3. 
I meet David and Diane several years ago while I still worked at the Baker store in Holland MI.  They were first time authors and very excited to promote their book.  Which is what they do very well, they have been the easiest authors to work with as they do most of the work for me. :-)  The Joshua Covenant (Activity Books), , n9780983559009
Anyway, they write what they know and that is intrigue and espionage.  They worked for the government in the Federal Prosecuting office and for the Drug Enforcement Administration, with much time spent on undercover assignments.  Just listening to the stories they have to tell is just fascinating, which translates into their books.
In The Joshua Covenant they bring back one of the most beloved charaters, Bo Rider and his family.  After years of being undercover around the world, Bo is ready to settle in one spot and enjoy his job and his family.  Getting sent to Isreal is probably not a good way to have that happen.   Soon, not only is Bo caught up in a plot jeopardizing himself, his family also faces danger from a different front.
Like I said before, I haven't had a chance to read this book yet, but hope to before the Munsons come to our store.  I do feel comfortable recommending their books to anyone who likes a bit of action adventure and a few spies to keep life interesting. 
Come meet the Munsons on Saturday and learn more about them and their story. 
Happy Reading

No comments: