Thursday, November 3, 2011

Alice Wisler

Dear Readers,
I have thought about this review for a while now.  I so want to do A Wedding Invitation by Alice Wisler justice, but am having a hard time not just babbling on about the book.  I have almost gotten to the point of saying "just read it, it is a really good book."  but that does not make a good review. :-)
Wedding Invitation, A, Alice J. Wisler, 978-0-7642-0733-4Samantha has some really fond memories of working in the refugee camp in the Philippines and some not so good memories.  The amazing thing is both set of memories involve the same people.  Carson was the guy she worked closely with and thought she was in love with, until he broke her heart.  Lien was a young Amerasian girl that wanted to be liked and loved, but was a little rough around the edges. 
When Sam gets invited to the wedding of a college friend, she is excited to go, but it leads to a very strange weekend.  First, the wedding is the wrong person, and second, it leads to an encounter with Carson that she would rather have never had.  Now she wonders if she will be able to put the past behind her and move forward in love.
I have really enjoy Alice's books.  They don't neatly fit into any one mold.  They are romances and yet that is really not the focus of the book.  They are contemporaries, but are very much an issue driven book.  I also believe that Alice writes with the 20 somethings in mind, but I know that they appeal to many ages. (I am not in the 20 something category  and love them)  So maybe that is why I like them, they are just a bit different.
They do make a wonderful read and I look forward to Alice's next one, which will be out soon
Happy Reading

No comments: