Saturday, August 6, 2011

J. M. Windle

Dear Readers,
Freedom's Stand by J.M. Windle is the sequel to Veiled Freedom.  Amy is back in Kabul after a short vacation.  The changes to New hope are shocking not at all what she had invisioned for the woman's compound. There is now a carpet making business and the children are even working.  The dividing walls are gone and the men have the run of the ground level, making the woman have to hide upstairs at all times.  No freedom to be in the court yard and relax.  What happen?
Steve returns to Kabul to help our a friend. The friend had a family emergency and Freedom's Stand, , n9781414314761needed to return to the states, so Steve said he would be glad to help him out.  Nothing has changed for him.  The is still corruption on every level.  With the elections coming soon the dangers to the man they are protecting get worse and worse.  Especially since he is the front runner to winning the election.
I have loved both of these books, but they have both frustrated me to no end.  I just become very frustrated with people that are saying one thing and acting completely different.  How can you say you are someone who supports freedom for the people, but still abuse your family?  How can you say you support religous freedom and yet inprision or kill anyone of a different faith from yourself.  Being the leader isn't the right to make everyone believe as you do, but it is the command to take care of those under you, whether they believe the same as you or not.
I have a feeling if I would actually go to visit one of the Islamic countries I would be in trouble in about 15 minutes as I could not wear a burka and I have a strange feeling that I also would get in trouble for being to out spoken.   Their laws really don't make sense as I feel that most of them blame the victims instead of the person who commits the crimes.  Unless the victim is a wealthy land owner, then of course the punishment must be dealt out. 
Ok Ok I will get off my soapbox and just review the book, I strongly encourage you to read these books as it will give you an idea of how to pray for the belivers in countries that are run by Sharia law. 
Happy Reading

No comments: