Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Mike Nappa

Dear Readers,

I really love the cover to Annabel Lee by Mike Nappa.  It really gives off a good creepy feel and I could hardly wait to get started.  I am going to say, this is a really interesting book and it speaks well of the series that is promised.  But creepy it is not.  In fact you find yourself drawn in by many of the different characters and their backstory. 

Annabel Lee is a very special little girl.  Her "uncle" Truck has taken care of her for her entire life.  He hasn't always been the most loving, but he made sure she was educated and fed. Other than that he didn't give her much.  Now he has left her in an underground bunker with the words "Don't open the door for anyone, not even me." 

Each of the characters that are developed in the story are ones I wanted to know more about.  Whether a good guy or bad guy, they are written so well I found myself wondering about them more and more.  Even the dog that Truck leaves with Annabel Lee makes me wonder about his training and where he came from in the first place.  An author who can do that gives a special treat to his readers and makes us excited about his/her next release.  Mike has a unique gift in his writing, one that his readers are (hopefully) going to enjoy for a long, long time.


Book #2 in the Coffey & Hill series is due for release this fall.  The Raven (I bet you can sense a trend) will continue to follow Trudi and Sam on their next adventure.  I wonder if Annabel Lee will show up again?

Happy Reading,

No comments: