Friday, March 13, 2015

water for the soul

Dear Readers,

This past Sunday it was in the upper 40's.  I was in and outside all day.  Beautiful after the long cold winter.  It took everything in me not to go outside sit in a chair and read.  It was still just a bit cold for that, especially because there was still several inches of snow on the ground.

What is it about the weather that effects our mood about reading.  I would think warmer temps would make me want to work in my garden or something like that, but nope reading, that is what my soul longed for.

That is why I love reading so much, it is good for my soul.  I can tell when I have had to cut back on my reading time, my stress level is usually higher and I never seem to be able to relax.  I was asked one time while I was reading how I could read at such a time.  I remembered thinking, what else would you rather I do, pace the floor?

Because reading is like water to my soul it is the one thing I head to just to unwind and relax.  Thankfully I will be able to do that outside soon.

Happy reading,

No comments: