Friday, February 27, 2015

Thoughts

Dear Readers,

Sunshine and warmer temps, well ok it isn't below zero today.  But sunshine makes me want to just curl up in a chair and read.  Preferably with the sun shining on me the whole time.  Summer or winter I love to sit in the sun and read.  I am not sure what it is, whether it is because I am part plant and need the sun to survive or if it is just because it is warm.  What ever it is, it is my biggest guilty pleasure.

There are several titles that have come in this week that have made that even a bigger pleasure.  The smell and feel of a new book is the best.  Okay the smell of an older book might be better, but really e-books are going to need some sort of scent added to them to replace books completely.  I am amazed how many people when asked about hard copies of books and why they still read them, list the smell.  We are creatures that are physical beings and still are driven by touch, taste (don't eat your books) sight and smell.  Books do fill a lot of those needs.

I am wondering what you are reading now.  Is it going to be one of those that stays on your shelf forever?  I just read one that I will be putting on my shelf and not getting rid of for awhile.  In fact when I do loan it out it will be with the strict instruction of "don't loose it or wreck it and I need it back!"  Seriously, it should be crime to loose someone else's books. 

Okay so I go that all off my chest.  Thanks for listening. 

Happy Reading,



No comments: