Wednesday, September 2, 2015

New Release - Secrets she Kept - Cathy Gohlke

Dear Readers,

I am reading Secrets she Kept by Cathy Gohlke at home.  I wasn't sure I wanted to read another book about WWII.  I have read several in the past couple of months and don't regret any of them, but they have all kind of run together.  But I love Cathy's writing and need something a little different than the thrillers and spiritual warfare books.  So maybe this wasn't the lighter read I needed, but I am so enjoying it.

It is the story of Hannah and a mother who she never felt loved her.  After her mother passes away, Hannah inherited the house and all her mother's belongings.  When she also receives a key to a safe deposit box, Hannah finds out that her grandfather is still alive and living in Germany.  That is where Hannah finds out more about her mother than she could ever guess.

I don't know much more about it than that right now as that is all the farther I am in the book.  I am looking forward to some time to get it read as I know that Cathy is a good author and all her books take you on quite a ride with her characters.

Maybe not a light beach read like yesterday, but a good one to take along so you can spend sometime sinking into the story of Lieselotte and her family as Hitler comes to power.

Happy Reading,

No comments: