Thursday, September 24, 2015

Jan Karon

Dear Readers,

I love to read the Mitford books by Jan Karon.  That is why I was so excited to see another one releasing in the series.  Come Rain or Come Shine is the 12th book with Father Tim as the main character.  The wonderful thing about this series is that you not only love Father Tim, you become immersed in the other delightful characters that have wandered throughout the series. Does anyone else miss Uncle Billy's jokes?

Finally the wedding is going to happen.  Dooley and Lacey are going to tie the knot.  They want to do it in a very casual way and as inexpensively as possible.  It just means that it might be a bit more work for everyone.  But it also means it will truly be a community affair.

I was asked today why I love the Mitford books so much.  It didn't take me long to answer, "because they truly are a get away for me.  It is like a little vacation where everything I am worried or stressed over goes away and I can enjoy a bit of time with some old friend of mine."  That is what the Mitford books have always done for me.

They are that refreshing series where people do get along, they may argue, they may disagree, but when the chips are down they have your back and help you.  I think the Mitford books make most of us wish for that place where we belong.

Happy Reading

No comments: