Wednesday, September 10, 2014

New Release - The Legend of Sheba - Tosca Lee

Dear Readers,

The list of new releases these past two weeks is almost overwhelming.  I don't know which one to talk about first.  I can think of at least 6 titles that went right to the top on my reading list.  Of course the trick is which one to read first. 

The Legend of Sheba by Tosca Lee is right on the top.  I was hoping to snag an advanced readers copy, but alas I did not.  That just means I get to savor the thought of reading Tosca's newest longer.  Tosca's writing is gritty and she never seems to want to take on the easy topics that everyone is familiar with.  She takes on the Bible character we don't know much about or one that is hated by all of humanity.  Interesting.

The+Legend+of+Sheba%3A+Rise+of+a+QueenSheba's king is dead and in a bold move, his exiled daughter fights for the crown.  As she wages a different war with the rulers who supported her in a bid for power, she travels to Israel to match wits with the wisest man alive. 

There is very few actual facts known about the Queen of Sheba.  When I went and looked it up, even the location of her country is in question.  But she is one woman who is mention in many different sources including the Bible and the Qur'an.  It was fascinating to read what is know and to compare the differences in each of the stories. 

Tosca brings all that myth and legend to life in a engrossing novel and I can't wait to open the covers and meet the woman behind the legend.

Happy Reading,

No comments: