Wednesday, September 24, 2014

New Release - Last Family Standing - Jennifer Allee

Dear Readers,

I am not a huge fan of reality TV.  I have a couple of them I watch, but I find myself bored with them or frustrated with the people on them.  I guess I am usually thankful that we as a society don't usually act that way. 

That is probably why Last Family Standing by Jennifer Allee didn't get my attention when the rep first mentioned it to me.  Then I got the gist of the storyline and I thought that is an interesting twist on a reality show.

Ever since Monica gave up her daughter 25 years ago, she has been trying to reconnect with her.  She finally believes she has found a way.  Both her and her daughter are going to be contestants on a reality TV show.  Monica doesn't think this is the best way for them to get to know each other, but agrees to meet just to have time with Jessica. 

Being on a reality show is a different perspective on how a parent and child get along.  It really will make you look at that relationship differently.  I like when a author takes a different perspective on a story, a different angle usually means a fresh story.

Happy Reading,

No comments: