Monday, July 30, 2012

New Releases July 23-28

Dear Readers,
On one of the publishing house websites that I follow they asked the question - “would you rather give up books or music for a year?”  I answered almost right away “music.”  No hesitation and almost all the answers where right down the same line.  My answer was – “Music because reading is like breathing to me.”  Even before I got the job I have, reading has always been a very important part of my life.  I love books and can’t even imagine what life would be like without them.
Then I got to thinking about it and I know I would miss music.  Now because I am very tone deaf and couldn’t carry a note in a basket, music is not a huge part of my life.  I can think of several times that certain songs have affected me and my life.  “Blessed by your Name” by Tree 53 came into my life at a very important point.  I can still remember on Christmas morning standing in church while the choir of any one who wanted to join in could, sang the Hallelujah chorus.  
So yes, songs and music are not something I would give up lightly, but it is not even a close contest to books.  They would have to pry the book out of my hand before I would give up reading. 

Twang - Julie L. Cannon - Jennifer believes she was destined to be a country music star, but only after she has everything does she discover the darkside of it all.

River's End - Melody Carlson - #3The Inn at the Shining Waters - Three generations of women return to their roots to discover who they are and who they are meant to be.  Sarah's story.

A Path Toward Love - Cara Lynn James - Katherine came home to forget her past and found her future instead.

Faithful to Laura - Kathleen Fuller - #2 a Middlefield Family - Laura just wants to find out why Mark left her after pledging his love.  Sawyer needs to decide on whether he is going to join the church of return to the Yankee world.

A Man of Honor - Loree Lough - #3 First Responders Series - Dusty Parker has a lot on his plate.  As he and Grace start a life together will all fall apart because of one terrifying night?

Shattered Silence - Margaret Daley - #2 the Men of Texas Rangers - A serial killer is targeting illegal aliensand it is up to Cody and Lilianan to figure who and why.

Hearse and Buggy - Laura Bradford - #1 an Amish Mystery - Claire just wanted to get some relaxing in, but when a murder interfers with those plans she finds herself deep in the middle of  an investigation.

No comments: