Monday, July 23, 2012

New Releases July 16 - 21

Dear Readers,

I love when I get a couple really good books in a row.   You have already seen my review of Ginny’s book Lost and Found and after that one I picked up Garden of Madness by T.L. Higley.  That one is on my Ipad so when I am in the pool reading or sitting in the tub, I have been reading an early release of Be Still My Soul by new author Joanne Bischof.   All three of them have been a pleasure to read and they all have been very very different. 
I often wonder about that, why is it that there seems to be less books that speak to your soul that ones that are just something you read.  What is it about that book that makes it one that book, the one you never want to give away and it will forever sit on you book shelf reminding you of how good you wish other books could be. 
I don’t read books over again, I don’t have time, there are more waiting to be read and I need to get to them.   There are certain books I have said I will read again and those are ones I keep.  I don’t loan them out and to be honest I have not read them again, but they are patiently waiting for me to pick them up and read them again
How about you, any books on your read again list?


Beauty to Die For - Kim Alexis/Mindy Starns Clark - Juliette walked away from her super model career and never looked back.  Enter the man who helped her walk away, but Juliette is to distracted by a murder.

The Choice - Robert Whitlow - This is on my must read list.  Robert never fails to write a good book.  A choice Sandy made in '74 comes back to haunt her.

House of Mercy - Erin Healy -  When Beth's world falls apart, can she ever be whole again?

The Scent of Rain - Kristin BIllerbeck - When perfumer Daphne's sense of smell and fiance' disappear at the sametime, she is sure her life will never be the same.

Remember Me - Penelope Wilcock - #6 the Hawk and the Dove series - A monk has fallen in love, a wise widow knows the truth and now the finances of the abbey are in jeopardy.

No comments: