Friday, July 6, 2012

Dan Walsh

Dear Readers,
The Discovery is Dan Walsh’s latest book.  It came out in April and I kept meaning to read it and just never got around to it.  You know how that goes.  When I found out I was going to have a chance to meet Dan a couple weeks ago I took that as a great reason to read the book.   I am glad I got the chance; it is my favorite one of his to date.   I will explain why the “to date” later. 
After Michael’s very famous grandfather passes away, he discovers an unpublished manuscript that would be worth millions.  Fans of his grandfather’s writing would love to read one more book by the literary giant, but Michael wants to read it first. 
The story is very different from anything that Grandfather had written before, but Michael finds Discovery, The, Dan Walsh, 978-0-8007-1981-4himself drawn into the story.  As he gets deeper and deeper into the story he begins to wonder what is fiction and what is the truth. 
The book is still very much in the southern genre that Dan is well known for, but this one goes from contemporary to WWII, and I think that is what I find so interesting.  I really did enjoy the novel inside the novel; it would make for a very interesting story on its own.   That Dan included it as part of a story line that included the main character finding out his own family history just added something to the whole story.
Dan has two new books coming out in the next year.  This fall he has The Reunion which is the story of a Vietnam vet who is just struggling with life.  Then next April Dan and Gary Smalley are releasing the first book of a 4 book series on marriage.  In the Dance you will meet Marilyn and Jim who have been married 27 years and yet not everything is perfect.   I am looking forward to both books, but in the mean time the Discovery is a good one to read.
Happy Reading

No comments: