Thursday, July 26, 2012

Ginny Yttrup


Dear Readers,
I kept asking myself while reading Lost and Found by Ginny Yttrup, “what took me so long to pick it up?”  I could hardly put it down.  I am kind of glad I didn’t start it on vacation as I am sure I would have lost myself in the book and missed something fun. 
The thing about this book is I cannot put my finger on what it is I like about it, beside everything in it.  The storyline is something that makes the characters come to life.  Each chapter is spoken from a different person’s perspective and it gives you a very three dimensional view of the story.  It gives you a small peek into what each person is thinking and it just adds to the story and it makes the people you like or dislike that much easier to understand.
I found myself so caught up in the story that I would read well into the night when I should have been sleeping as I had to work the next day.  It is something I could do in years past, but working on only 2 hours of sleep now is not a good idea for me.  They would probably find me slumped over my desk sound asleep. J
I fell in love with Jenna.  She is one of those characters that you just want to cheer on and hope that she overcomes everything life keeps throwing at her.  She makes you want to be a better person.  She married a guy who does love her, but is unable to defend her to her overbearing mother.  ( don't get me started on Bridgette)  She lives in their house, plus her mother-in-law is verbally abusive and controlling.  I wanted to help her run away from that situation and yet loved being able to watch her find herself in all that was going on.
Andee on the other hand was one I struggled to like.  Circumstances in her past forced her to put up walls and she still hides behind them.   As Jenna’s brother starts falling in love with her, Jenna warns him that he will get hurt, but he doesn’t seem to care.  I found myself thinking, “I would not be able to hang out with Andee as our lives and lifestyles wouldn’t jive.  Her fun and recreation is her work, me I would rather relax with friends or a good book.  Laughter seems a foreign thing to her and it is a big part of my life."  So as you can see we would be very different from each other.
Ok so I will stop going on and on, but this is a good book.  It is well written and one that I will be sure to recommend to other readers.
Happy Reading

No comments: