Monday, July 9, 2012

Must Reads

Dear Readers,
When this releases on July 9th, I will be home from vacation, recovering.  I am sure doing wash is one of the main things I will be doing, but also picking up mail and getting my dog back from my mother.  Other than that, sleeping and a bit of reading I am sure. 
Because I wasn’t in the store to find out what all the new books were that hit the store last week, I decided to write about books that are releasing sometime this summer or fall.  These are just a very few titles that I am looking forward to reading when they become available.
What does your “must read” list look like?
Happy Reading
The Choice – Robert Whitlow – August – I am always glad to see Robert has a new book coming.  His books don’t take me long to read, but they keep me interested from cover to cover.  He writes intriguing mysteries or murder mysteries that don’t always have straight answers.  There tends to be lots and lots of grey area in his stories and he forces you to think about the things you believe.
This one looks like it is a bit different for Robert.   The story starts in 1974 with a choice that Sandy makes at that time.  When we move forward to modern times it seems that Sandy’s choice has come home to roost and it may cost her everything.  Boy I can’t wait to get this one started.
5 miles south of Peculiar – Angela Hunt – Already available. – I have been reading Angela’s books for years now.  Can’t say I have loved all of them, but they have all been very interesting reads.  She is another author that keeps me guessing as to where she is going with the story line.  I can usually count on her not to go the way I think the story should go.
In 5 Miles she writes a story of twin sisters.  Darlene has always stood in her sister, Charlene’s, shadow.   Darlene finally feels she has moved out of the shadow in her little corner of the world.  That is until Charlene shows up just in time to take over the 50th birthday party Darlene had planned. 
The Girl in the Glass – Susan Meissner – September – I fell in love with Susan’s writing when I read her book, Why the Sky is Blue.  It is a very powerful book about a very grey area of living.  It was not a comfortable book to read but it was a good book to read.  I have yet to find one of her books that I didn’t like as they each are very thought provoking. 
The Girl in the Glass takes us to Florence Italy which is probably enough to make me want to read it anyways, but the story line sound just as exciting.  Meg receives an airline ticket in the mail and she is sure it is her long lost father wanting to meet up with her again.  But all she finds is an eccentric old lady who seems to think Meg is there for her.
Full Disclosure – Dee Henderson – October 2 – It has been 5 years since Dee’s last fiction book.  There is a whole genre that is considered “Dee Henderson like.”  It is romantic suspense and lots of readers are looking for something that is just like her books.  I am excited to see how this one reads and if it is as good as her other ones.
Ann and Paul cross paths when a case she was working on relates to one he is working on.  She “dumps” the case on his desk hoping to get it off hers.  The more Paul gets to know her the more he finds her interesting.  But does he really know this very private person?
Opening Moves and Placebo – Steven James – September & November – I love Steven’s books.  All of them.  They have kept me awake at night, they have caused me to put down other books I was reading, they are just that fun to read.  He writes about some very scary people who promise to act badly. 
Opening Moves is the prequel to the Patrick Bowers series.  I am looking forward to meeting Patrick’s wife and how his relationship with Raven started.  (If you have no idea who these people are start with Pawn) and Placebo is a new series is starting about Jevin Banks.   They both promise to help me lose a bit of sleep. 

1 comment:

Lynda Lee Schab said...

Thanks for the recommendations. I have 4 books in my to-be-read pile for review in the next month. I'm currently reading Waiting for sunrise, the newest release from Eva Marie Everson, which I'm really enjoying. Looking forward to the other three: Perfectly Ridiculous by Kristin Billerbeck, Cooking the Books by Bonnie Calhoun, and Reunion by Lauraine Snelling. Lots of good stuff coming out!