Monday, January 16, 2012

New Releases January 9 -14

Dear Readers,
A couple weeks ago I started a much anticipated book.  I could hardly wait to finish the one I was reading, even though I was enjoying that one also, to start the new one.  It had come recommended by someone and they spoke so highly of it I just couldn't wait.
Then I got started and it just wasn't living up to it hype.  How very disappointing.  In a situation like that I can only hope that the book gets better.  I have never been one that doesn't finish a book, no matter how bad.  I can probably count on two hands how many books I haven't finished.  I just always hope that it gets better, it must as someone paid money to have it published it has to.  Right?
Of course I can also tell you about certain books that it is the ending that makes the book.  One comes to mind right away.  100 years of Happiness by Nicole Sietz.  Without reading all the way to the end you miss out on the wonderful way it is all tied together.  I actually told readers that were interested in it, that they couldn't return in until they read all the way to end.
I won't tell you what happen with this book, did it get better or not, as I will probably include that in my blog review.  How about you, do you give up on a book?  If so when?  Right away or do you wait for the story to develop?
Happy Reading

Harbinger: the Ancient mystery that holds the secret of America's Future - Jonathan Cahn
Accused - Janice Cantore
Not in the Heart - Chris Gabry
The Search Committee - Tim Owens
Missing Your Smile - Jerry S. Eicher
Promise Me This - Cathy Gohlke

P.S. These books are available at Baker Book House or by request at bakerbookstore.com 

No comments: