Friday, May 20, 2011

TIm Downs

Dear Readers,
The Nick of Time by Tim Downs is the 6th Bug Man book.  I remember when I read Shoofly Pie right after it came out.  I kept thinking "This is something I have been looking for in the Christian Fiction market."  They are a good fun read with a mystery mixed in. 
Nick Polchak is a know-it-all when it comes to bugs.  Ask him, he will tell you, but when it comes to humans he is very confused by us all.  Then when it comes to females he is completely lost. Maybe that explains the way he is acting the week before his wedding.
When a friend calls and asks Nick to come and help him with a mystery, Nick, of course, says yes.  Alena, his fiancée', is confused by him thinking this is a good idea.  She is not happy, but in typical Nick fashion, he doesn't understand the problem. 
Ok anything else I would say would actually take away from the book and I most certainly don't want to do that, so you will have to read it if you want to know what happens.
If you have been reading the Bug Man series this is a great next edition, but if you haven't make sure you start at Shoofly Pie and treat yourself to a wonderful series.
I think besides the great humor and interesting mysteries the thing I like the most about this series is "watching" Nick become more and more human.  It is not a journey he has been making willingly, but it is happening and yes it has been funny.  He still isn't sure he is human, but he is actually able to act like one once in a while. In his own strange way I am sure he loves Alena, but of course then why would he run off the week before his wedding?
Happy Reading.

No comments: