Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Jane Kirkpatrick event

Dear Readers,

I wanted to talk about Jane's visit last week Thursday.  I had a chance to enjoy a time before the event at supper with her.  We did lots of visiting and talking about her life.  I have to say that she is a very interesting person.  She has had many wonderful adventures and loves to share about them all.

That evening when she was speaking, I kept thinking more people should be hearing this.  We had about 20, but I thought so many more should be listening.  She talked about how our memories are very different from each others.  She likes to write about those memories that were written and then search out the other ones to make the story complete.  What a wonderful and intriguing way to research stories, but also to tell our own stories.

I hope if you ever get a chance to see and hear Jane you take advantage of it.  She spoke for way too short a time, I could have listened to her for hours.  What she said was powerful and for one little shining moment, I thought to myself, maybe I could write that book.  :-)

Happy Reading,

P.S.  When she told me the story of getting a pistol to shoot a rattlesnake, I knew I found an woman that I could be friends with.  You will have to ask her about it when you meet her.

No comments: