Tuesday, September 17, 2013

New Release - The Shadow Lamp - Stephen Lawhead

Dear Readers,

I have been reading Stephen Lawhead's books for almost as long I as I can remember.  They are not all my favorite, but I have always enjoyed them.  They range from historical to straight Sci-fi, which is what this lastest series has been.  Starting with the Skin Map in 2010, the Bright Empire series has taken readers on a wild adventure, with the latest installment being, The Shadow Lamp.  I don't know if this is the conclusion to the series, but it sure has been a wild ride spanning centuries and worlds.

The Seekers have gathered at Mia's 16th century coffee house.  They are regrouping and trying to find a way back to the Spirit Well.  Meanwhile the Zetetic Society has made a secret that could rock the foundation of Creation.

I know Stephen's books are not for everyone, but if you are a reader of Fantasy/Spec fiction, then Stephen should be on your must read list.  He weaves stories together that leave you wonder where he is going with the story line and you have to wait until the next book in the series.  They are always worth the wait, but it is hard.

Happy Reading

No comments: