Thursday, September 26, 2013

Julie Cantrell

Dear Readers,

**If you have not read Into the Free by Julie Cantrell, you will want to read that first.  This review will contain spoilers if you haven't read that one.

I am going to first say when I heard that Julie had continued Millie's story in a second book, I was a bit disappointed as I didn't feel there was a reason to.  I was so very wrong, this was a beautiful continuation of the story.  

When Mountains Move picks up the storyline 6 weeks after the event in the church steeple.  Millie has agreed to marry Bump and that day is what starts this story.  A beautiful day that starts their life together in a wonderful way and with several happy surprises.  

Colorado is waiting and Millie and Bump head to their new ranch with all the hopes and dreams of a new couple ready to take on the world.  Now, Millie has a bit of baggage that is going with her, as we all know, and she has to decide what to do with it, tell Bump or keep it a secret.  She decides he doesn't need to know as she is afraid that he will not love her any more and her dream of a real family will disappear with him. 

Once again you will find yourself cheering for Millie as she deals with what life hands her.  Sometimes it is a wonderful thing, like a new friend, and sometimes it is something not as beautiful. I am not going to share it here as it gives some of the storyline away.  But this is a story of forgiveness, but also one of trust.  Trusting herself, trusting Bump, trusting God.  

Julie's writing style draws you into the story so very quickly.  I can't wait to  read what she comes up with next.  I read this one while on vacation in about 24 hours.  I started late on Saturday night and finished Monday morning.  I didn't want it to end and yet I couldn't lay it down.  If you have read the first one, you will want to read this one and once again disappear into Millie's story.

Happy Reading.

No comments: