Monday, September 3, 2012

New Releases August 27 - September 1

Dear Readers,
I can hardly believe it but it is Sept. already.  In fact this post will release on Labor Day.  Schools in our area start tomorrow.  I feel like summer went by faster than ever.  I don't know if that is because I was busier than usual or if it was because over half of it was taken up planning and taking vacation.  Whichever it was, but I know personally I am not ready to give up these lovely days we have been having. 
Part of that is because I love the slower pace of summer.  The longer days, the relaxed way everyone seems to enjoy things.  It is all great reasons not to want to give up on summer yet, but I think for me this year it is because I haven't gotten all my summer reading done.  In a couple of days there will be a review of a book that was on my spring reading list and I just got it read a couple days ago.  Ugh, I hate that and yet it is a wonder problem.  So many good books to read and not enough time to read them all.
Happy Reading.

Opening Moves - Steven James - Prequel to the Patrick Bowers series - (Now you know what I was doing all weekend.)  Steven with Patrick has taken us to some of the darkest parts of humanity, now we will see how Patrick got his start. 

A Duke's Promise - Jamie Carie - #3 a Forgotten Castles - Alexandria and Gabriel are on the trail ofher parents.  They were last seen in Italy and the marble caves, but will a powerful duke keep them from discovering where her parents are?

The Sons of Jude - Brandt Dodson - Detectives Frank and Andy have what looks like ordinary case of someone in the wrong place at the wrong time.  That is until they start their investigation and things take a turn.

Unconditional - Eva Marie Everson - Based on the screenplay - Samatha's perfect life comes to an end when her husband is killed.  She loses her faith and the will to live until a chance encounter with an old friend teachers her there is more to life than fairytale endings.

The Reason - William Sirls - Sometimes you just have to believe. 

The Spirit Well - Stephen Lawhead - #3 in a Bright Empires - As the search for the map intesifies, Kit is wondering if the true treasure isn't the map.


P.S. These books are available at Baker Book House or by request at bakerbookstore.com

No comments: