Wednesday, September 26, 2012

R.J. Larson

Dear Readers,
Just last year I was excitedly talking about a new fantasy author.  R.J. Larson started her series with a bang with Prophet.  While reading I kept thinking I would not be able to get my hands on the next book fast enough.  I was right, it took too long for Judge to come out and it didn’t take me long enough to read it.  I wanted the story to go on for a few more pages.  Ok maybe more than a few, maybe Lord of the Rings length would be good.
Judge doesn’t pick up right where Prophet leaves off, but it is close.  Kein receives a calling from Infinite.  He doesn’t want to go as he was on vacation and is planning on spending time with Ela.Judge, R. J. Larson, 978-0-7642-0972-7  But go he does, it sometimes doesn’t pay to have a Prophet for a girlfriend. 
Ela is called back to her home city.  The excitement of seeing her family is tempered by the message that she must deliver.  Repent or Infinite will destroy the city.  It is not a message that will be well received in the city, especially by those she offended when she was getting started.
I really wasn’t sure if I would like book 2 better than book one.  You just never know with new authors, but I did.  All of my favorites were back and a few new ones.  You will have to read to find out who Prill is, but she quickly became a favorite of mine.  She is just so normal.   I am not sure I could have been as brave as her, but I sure do like to think I could be.
I know many of you have been waiting for this release.  Enjoy.
Happy Reading
P.S.  I still want a destroyer.

No comments: