Saturday, September 22, 2012

Cindy Woodsmall

Dear Readers,
I am not a big fan of Amish fiction.  I am sure you can tell by the number of Amish fiction books I review in proportion to how many exist out there.  I believe there is good Amish fiction and bad Amish fiction just as there is in any genre of fiction.  I have read some really good Amish fiction and some really bad Amish fiction, but I still usually do it by request as opposed to just picking it up on my own.  A Season for Tending by Cindy Woodsmall was by request and yet I am glad I read it.  It is the beginning of Cindy's new series - Amish Vines and Orchards.
A Season for Tending: Book One in the Amish Vines and Orchards SeriesRhonda has a special gift.  One she doesn’t want, but it is just part of who she is.  She has a gift of knowing things before they happen or knowing things about people that they wouldn’t want others to know.   It makes for a lonely and friendless life in her Old Order Amish community.  But she has her plants and her little business and she is content with her life.
When Leah turns up in Rhoda's garden it opens a door that neither one of them expected to be there.  Leah's family farm needs help.  They are having cash problems and some of their apple crop is ruined by a pest.  They are looking for a way to sell and make money from those apples.  Rhoda thinks she can help, but there seems to be so many secrets that she isn't sure she wants to get involved with the King family.
Interesting characters and a bit different storyline and Cindy tells a good Amish story.  Again I wouldn't be reading hundreds of them, but I did enjoy this one. 
 Happy Reading
Chris

No comments: