Thursday, August 23, 2012

Randy Singer

Dear Readers,
If you are looking for a good lawyer mystery, I recommend Randy Singer.  He has several really good books out on the market.  But I wanted to mention to you today one that is back on the market and is causing a bit of confusion. 
The Judge by Randy released in my bookstore just over a week ago and has gotten me in hot water almost from the start.  I didn’t list it on my new releases as it isn’t a new release, but a re-release, with a new title and cover, of a book Randy did about 6 years ago.  That book was titled The Cross Examination of Oliver Finney.  It had a companion non-fiction book titled The Cross Examination of Jesus of Christ.  They were an interesting combo of books.  I would recommend at the time to read both of them, the problem now is the non-fiction one is still out of print. 
But The Judge, as it is now known, is worth the read.  I wish I had a copy of my original review, but I can’t seem to find it.  I guess somewhere in the move from Holland to this store I must have thought I wouldn’t need it any more.  Sorry, but I will try to give you a feel for the book
Judge Oliver Finney is “invited” to defend his faith on a strange reality show.  A billionaire has decided he wants to put the world's biggest faiths on trial.  When things take an ugly twist, the Judge knows he needs to get word out that he needs help.
This was not only an interesting book for the mystery of it, but also for the information on the different faiths and how they compare to each other.   Because of how one of the main characters was written, Randy asked lots of the questions that people seemed to ask when they are wrestling with their faith.  Of course one of the main ones being how do you know which one is right or not?
The Cross Examination of Oliver Finney
If you didn’t read it the first time around, now is a great time to do that.  If you did read it, you can recommend it to others again, now that it is back in print.
Happy Reading

No comments: