Monday, August 27, 2012

New Releases August 20 - 25

Dear Readers,
I am so excited.  I just found a book online that I have been looking for to give to my mother.  Many years ago, I was about 15 or so when she recommended the book to me.  She said it was one of her favorites and thought I might like it, that was pretty much all she said about it. 
I have to admit when I asked for Ramona by Helen Hunt Jackson at the local library I wasn't overly impressed with the cover.  It was just a plain green cover and didn't have anything about the story line on it, but I do remember the librarian was excited that I was going to read it.  She said "not many people check that book out much anymore."  At the time I thought that didn't sound good for the book.
I was wrong, this is a good book and it has stuck with me over the years.   I have wanted to share it with my daughters and yet could never seem to find a copy when I was thinking of it.  I was reading different reviews on line about it and it talks about being as important as Uncle Tom’s Cabin and Othello.  I didn’t know anything about it back when I read it the first time, but it is one I recommend that if you haven’t had a chance to read it, pick it up.   Don’t let an ugly cover discourage you.   It is worth the read.
Happy Reading

A Heartbeat Away - Harry Kraus - Tori Taylor is a surgeon who needs a new heart.  What she receives is a heart with a memory of a murder.  Is it a real murder or is it just a hallucinating?

Sandwich with a Side of Romance - Krista Phillips - from the back cover - She moved to Sandwich IL, in search of a new life, but ended up in a giant pickle.  I thought that was cute.

The Road to Mercy - Kathy Harris - Josh and his wife Bethany need to make a life and death choice for her and the baby she carrys.  The choice they make will test both their faith and their marriage.

To Write a Wrong - Robin Caroll - #1 A Justice Seekers - Riley Baxter is eager to write a wrong and the man sitting in the State Penitentiary looks like the perfect person to help.  Especially when Riley feels a real connection to his daughter.

October Baby - Eric Wilson- Based on the screen play of the movie - Hannah finds out she is adopted and a survior of a failed abortion.   She sets out on a journey to discover who she is.

Mother of Pearl - Kellie Coates Gilbert - Barrie has wonderful life, great kids, wonderful husband and a respected job.  It all falls apart when her daughter starts to lash out. 

No comments: