Thursday, August 9, 2012

Lorena McCourtney


Dear Readers
Lorena McCourtney was writing cozy mysteries before it was popular.  I get asked about her Ivy Malone Mystery series all the time.  Unfortunately they are all out of print and we don't get them in the Used fiction department because libraries like to hang on to them. 
It has been 5 or 6 years since the last one released and I kept hoping she would write another book.  Dying to Read is Lorena's newest book that just released a couple of weeks ago.  I wanted to read it sooner, but just never got a chance until now.  What fun it was to read Lorena's quirky fun books Dying to Read, Lorena McCourtney, 978-0-8007-2158-9again.  Welcome back.
In Dying to Read Cate Kinkaid is having trouble finding a job, at least one that she is good at and likes.  Her life is in the dumps, her social life, her career, even her hair.  So when her Uncle Joe offers her a job as a PI working with him, she jumps at it.  How hard can a PI job be?  Well that is until the first job she has turns up a dead body. 
That is a short description of the book, but I really don't want to go into to much details of the story as I don't want to give too much away.  I think the only thing that I would 'complain' about is the Cate just seems a bit naive at times, but because of the people you meet and the mystery you solve she becomes an endearing character that makes the possibility of a series exciting. 
I can easily say that if you have been waiting for Lorena to write a new book you will really enjoy this one.
Happy Reading

No comments: