Monday, March 12, 2012

New Releases March 5 - 10

Dear Readers,
I am reading a book right now that I have been so pleasantly surprised by.  I wasn't sure what I expected, but I am so enjoying the book.  I am reading every chance I get and don't want it to end quite yet, but I am close. 
One thing I am not looking forward to is the idea that the main character may die before the end of the book.  I can't tell for sure, just that is where this seems to be leading and I am not excited about it.  It was something that is talked about right at the beginning of the book and I was sure I didn't want to grow attached to the main character.  But that didn’t work out so good, because the writer has done such a beautiful job of making the character a person I have grown to love, almost from the beginning. 
I am not sure how I will react if and when the character dies.  I have wept over characters that pass that were my favorites.   I find interesting that I can’t say I have experienced that often though as most of the time authors elect not to kill off main characters.  Evil characters die often, but good and beloved characters very seldom die.  I can think of exceptions to the rule.  Charles Martin quite often kills off one of his characters, Nichols Sparks usually does also.  Those are emotionally charged books and I can’t imagine them being any other way, but they also don’t make me cry as I see it coming. 
How about you?  Have you ever cried over a book?  I have actually heard people that have asked for prayers for someone only to realize that the people they are asking for are characters in a book.   That is a good book. 
Happy Reading


Shadow of Light - Rodney Christian Power - Ever Met God?  Want to fin out what Heaven is like?  Even Wonder what they do up there all day? 

The Case of the Bouncing Grandma - A.K. Arenz - has Glory hit her head one too many times... or is there really a foot dangling out of that carpet?

The Case of the Mystified M.D. - A.K. Arenz - First a foot, now a hand.  What body part is next?

Mirrored Image - Alice K. Arenz - Their faces were the same.  Will their fates be as well?

Like Sweet Potatoe Pie - Jennifer Rogers Spinola - Shiloh Jacobs has plenty of problems, but the lack of money tops the list.  Can anything ever go right? 

Illusion - Frank Peretti - Dane heads home to recover from his injuries and from the loss of his wife.  He never plans to have anything to do with magic again, that is until a young woman enters his life that looks remarkedly like his late wife.

The Wedding Dress - Rachel Hauck - Charlotte finds her perfect wedding dress in a battered trunk.  She wants to find out the history of it and when she does she discovers the truth of her own heritage. 

Moe - Jim Hamlett - A story of friendship and how desperately we need at least one true friend to help us when the trials of life put us down.

By the Light of the Silvery Moon - Tricia Goyer -  The TItanic holds promise of a reunited family... and possible love waiting on American shores.

Cuts like a Knife - M.K. Gilroy - Kristen Conner goes undercover to catch a serieal killer... only to discover she is his new target

Almost Amish - Nancy Sleeth - Have you ever stopped to think, maybe the Amish are on to something?

P.S. These books are available at Baker Book House or by request at bakerbookstore.com

No comments: