Monday, March 5, 2012

New Releases February 27 - March 3

Dear Readers,

I am struggling to write a review for a book that I just finished.  It was a good book and I really enjoyed it.  So that isn’t the problem, the problem is I liked it so much and I want to share that with you.  I really want you to read it, but how do I do that without giving away several key parts of the story.  They are for you to enjoy and find on your own. 
I have always been passionate about reviews that give part of a story away.   I really really try hard not to do that.   I will stop reading a review if it tells me there are “spoilers” in it.  I don’t want to anything to take away from my experience of reading the story that the author has laid for me. 
I had an experience just the other day that I accidently found out how a mystery ended while I was not very far into the book.  I did finish reading it, but it took away the fun of reading it.  I was disappointed in myself for having found out.  I dropped my book and when I grabbed it, it opened to where the answer was and I saw.  Rats.  It was my own fault, but I hate when that happens and that is why I try so hard not to do it.  It is also why sometimes my reviews drive me crazy.  J  I actually will end up rewriting them several times before I feel comfortable enough to release it for your reading.  That might be why I will never be an author, releasing a book would probably kill me. 
Happy Reading



Dawn Comes Early - Margaret Brownley - #1 A Last Chance Ranch series - Looking for a woman of good character and pleasant disposition willing to learn the ranching business in Arizonia Territory.  Must be single and prepared to remain so now and forever more.   Will be given ownership of the ranch - Eleanor Walker

Stand By Me - Neta Jackson - #1 SouledOut Sisters series - "Kat" Davies sometimes, ok most of the time, just says what she is thinking which can annoy those around her.  Avis has always been a pillar of faith, that is until she has a crisis of faith.  Can they help each other?

The Heart's Frontier - Lori Copeland/Virginia Smith - #1 The Amish of Apple Grove - A lot can happen on a week-long cattle drive

Covenant of War - Cliff Graham - #2 in the Lion of War series - The fate of the nation rests on King David's mighty men.


Downfall - Terri Blackstock - #3 in the Intervention series - Emliy has turned her life around, but her family still has trouble trusting her.  After her behavior during her drug years, Emily has a lot to prove.

Abby Finds her Calling - Naomi King - #1 Home at Cedar Creek - Generations of Amish neighbors and friends enjoy the simple things in life in the lush countryside of Cedar Creek, Missouri.  But matters of the heart have a way of complicating the most clear-cut plans...

These books are available at Baker Book House or by request at bakerbookstore.com

No comments: