Saturday, March 10, 2012

Julie Lessman

Dear Readers,
On Thursday March 8th I got a call at home from work.  This is a rare occurrence and so I was a bit worried it was going to be something bad.  It wasn’t in fact it was something great.  Sue our store manager called to say that Julie Lessman was going to be visiting our store.  I was very excited to hear that as she is one of the authors I haven’t met yet.  The only drawback is… she is coming this coming Thursday March 15th.  YIKES!!! 
So the planning and announcements need to go out quickly.  
If you don’t know Julie, she writes historical romance which kind of turn Christian romance on its ear.  She won ACFW Debut author in 2009, she is also the recipient of 13 Romance Writers of America awards along with several readers’ choice awards.   Her first series is set in America during WWl and her second series hits the end of the roaring 20s. 
It will be an interesting evening of talking about important times in America’s history.   I personally learn so much about an author and there books that I end up wanting to read them again just to catch the parts of the books that I missed. 
See you on Thursday and
Happy Reading
 http://bakerbookstore.com/ME2/dirmod.asp?sid=&nm=&type=recurring&mod=Calendar+of+Events&mid=7A41221F63DA4B72998F3F5810279001&tier=2&day=15&month=3&year=2012&id=E06DC753AE1D4BBFA74F997DA7325845

No comments: