Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Christa Parrish


Dear Readers,
Home Another Way by Christa Parrish is her first novel. I wasn't sure what expect but found a delightful read.

Sarah Graham had never forgiven her father for killing her mother. O.K. first off I am not sure I would be able to forgive that either. She is living a hard and fast life and is now flat broke. When she is told her father had died and has left her an inheritance. Sarah figures she might as well collect it, forget about him and go on with her life. What can it hurt?

When she arrives in Jonah she knows that this is going to be a fast trip. In and out as fast as she can make it. The lawyer for her fathers estate has other ideas. Dear ole Dad has written in his will that she must stay in town for 6 months. Sarah isn't sure that the inheritance is worth it, but what other choice does she have and where else would she go.

She meets the town folk that are not what she expects, especially the pastor of the local church. She also finds out that her father is not who she remembers him to be. We all can learn that things are not always what we suppose them to be.

I really did enjoy this book. I again will say, I wasn't sure what to expect, but found a neat little book in the process. I hope that Christa keeps writing as I am looking forward to her next one.

Happy Reading

No comments: