Wednesday, May 1, 2013

New Releases - Ronie Kendig

Dear Readers,
I stumbled on Ronie Kendigs books totally by accident.  I am still not sure what made me pick up her first book, Digitalis.  There really was nothing special about the cover and I know it had been out for a few months if not a year or two before I read it.  Once I got started I knew I had found an author that I was going to enjoy reading for years to come. 
Talon is book #2 in the Combat Tracking Team – A Breed Apart and once again incorporates military and ex-pats into her storyline.  In the Combat Tracking series she includes war dogs that we have heard so much about lately.  
Veteran Aspen Courtland just wants her brother back.  The Marines say he is dead, but until she sees his body will Aspen believe them.  The only way she may find him is with the help of Talon, her brother’s tracking dog.  The problem is Talon is now afraid of his own shadow.
Dane swore he would never work with a woman, but the only thing that can save him is doing just that. 
Fast paced, written with lots of knowledge of the military and how things happen inside, Ronie does a great job of writing a storyline that will keep anyone’s attention until the last page.  We often forget about the animals that help us through war, but not only are we reminded in the story, Ronie includes information about a military war dog and his handler.  Just the one experience that is written about made me respect the teams of men and dogs even more and all they do to keep their fellow soldiers alive.
Happy Reading

No comments: