Thursday, April 4, 2013

Nicole Seitz

Dear Readers,
I love Nicole Seitz’s books.  They are these lovely tales that have a bit of a twist to them.  Not always a huge twist where you say “oh my goodness I didn’t see that coming,” but always something that just makes her stories unique.  They are also set in one of my favorite parts of the country, the South Carolina coastline.
Beyond Molasses Creek, Nicole SeitzBeyond Molasses Creek by Nicole was released in January of last year, but my bookclub wanted to read it and so I waited till now to do so.  I took it on my vacation to Florida with me and it was the perfect spot to read it, warm sea breezes and sunshine. 
Ally Green has been running her entire life.  She couldn’t wait to get out of town and eventually became a stewardess for AirAmerica and enjoyed the jet set life.  She flew all over the world, lived in many different countries and didn’t have to think about what she left behind. 
Vesey Washington is who she was running from.  Growing up across Molasses Creek in the 60’s their relationship was forbidden.  With her being the daughter of a prominent doctor and him the son of a black coal miner, they had nothing in common.  But they were drawn together by the creek they both grew up on. 
I really don’t want to say more as it really gets into the story line that is just so much fun to discover.  The story flows along like the creek that is the center of the story.  I don’t know if you have ever been to South Carolina in the summer, but nothing moves quickly at that time including the water.  It just goes about its business of getting things moved along and at the end of the day all is completed and content.  This story is like that; it won’t be hurried, but savored and enjoyed so when you get to the end you feel rested in finding out Ally and Vesey’s story.
Happy Reading

No comments: