Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Used Fiction

Dear Readers,
I had a usual project this past week.  I worked in the used fiction department to get it ready to be moved at least one time if not more in the next several weeks of the remodel.  What that means is I got to go through the entire used fiction department picking out the books we wanted to keep on the shelves during the summer and which ones we wanted to store and or donate.  It was so fun.
I found different books on the shelves that I didn’t know we had and I found books that I knew we had several of.  It was interesting to look at old covers and see how those have changed over the years.  Until just a few years ago, covers were all hand drawn art work.  Some of them quite good, but others made Joel, the guy helping me, and I laugh right out loud.  (Sorry, but it is true)
I started telling you this to let you know that our used fiction department looks very different.  It is smaller and doesn’t have even half the books in it that it right now.   No worries though, all it really means is when we restart the department later this year we will be starting fresh and new.  Well not new “new” books, but books that you all have been holding on to waiting to sell them to us. 
So I am asking you to bear with us during this time of transition, we will get through it together. 
Happy Reading

No comments: