Thursday, May 17, 2012

Becky Wade

Dear Readers,
I am sure that I have mentioned that one of my perks for this job is the chance to read books before they release.  It is a fun perk that has its good and bad sides.  I love having the chance to find out for you what is coming and if it is going to be worth your time and money to read.   It also helps me discover new authors that I can get excited about and share with you. 
Becky Wade Is a new author from Baker Publishing group.   Her book, My Stubborn Heart, was not completely what I expected.  It is in the romance genre and yes that is what it fits, but it is a little bit more than that.  It is also about looking for and finding the reason that God may have led you somewhere.  Sometimes it is not what we always expect.
Kate has agreed to accompany her grandmother to renovate the family home in Redbud, Pennsylvania.  Gran wants to return the house to its former grandeur and Becky is very excited about the project.  Chapel Bluff has been in the family since 1820.  It should have been a job that could overwhelm anyone and yet Kate can hardly wait to get started.
My Stubborn Heart, Becky Wade, 978-0-7642-0974-1Matt has had it all.  He was on top of the world, he was a star in the NHL, he had a wife he loved and he had the world by the tail.  Then his wife was diagnosed with brain cancer and his world crumbles.   After his wife passes, he retires from hockey and goes and hides from the world.   He does odd jobs here and there to keep busy and that is what brought him to Kate’s doorstep. 
What neither one of them knew was God brought them together for a completely different reason.    Matt needed a friend and Kate was going to help him by being that friend. 
So I am sure you can figure out the romance part of this story, but don’t let that keep you from reading this book.  Like I said earlier, it is a romance, but so much more than that.  It is about answered prayer and how the answer is not always exactly what we ask for. 
The prologue is actually what got me reading.  I had a couple different books I could have started here on lunch and was looking through them all.  Becky has such a different take on her prologue that it got me interested in the book, but it was the last tiny paragraph that really caught my attention.  “Funny thing about prayers, God hears them.  But you just never know if, when, or how he’s going to answer them.”  How true, how true and I guess that is what makes life so very interesting. 
Happy Reading.

No comments: