Thursday, May 24, 2012

Robert Liparulo

Dear Readers,
I almost didn’t read The 13th Tribe by Robert Liparulo.  I have read several of his before and even though I really enjoyed the story itself, the ends have left something to be desired.  I am not sure what made me decide to read this, but I did and I am happy to say the ending is much better for this one. I will admit there were a couple of times I was worried because Robert had such a big build up I wasn’t sure he was going to be able to tie it all together.
The idea behind the book is that there was a 13th tribe of Israel that was cursed to roam the world forever after worshiping the golden calf.  Now they weren’t a 13th tribe before that, they were just made into the tribe as punishment.   Ever since then they have tried to earn God’s forgiveness by being vigilantes for God.  They make it their job to rid the world of all sinners that deserve to die.
It is harder to go into more detail than this as it really is a bit of a complicated storyline.  There are many threads to the story and they each develop well together but also by themselves.  It isn’t so complicated that you get confused by everything that is going on, but it does keep you on your toes.  I will admit I got confused as to who was who a couple of times, but it didn’t really take away from the book or make me frustrated. 
The 13th Tribe, Robert LiparuloIt was fun to read a story that was about someone racing to save the world, but you know it isn’t so that he can stop the world from coming to an end.   Except for the ‘super natural' part of the story this is really just a good action adventure book.
Happy Reading

P.S. this book is available at Baker Book House or online by request at bakerbookstore.com

No comments: