Monday, September 12, 2011

New Releases September 5-10

Dear Readers,

So as short as the list was last week it is longer this week.  I always wonder about the timing of books.  What I think of as prime times to sell books doesn't not match what the publishers think.  I believe December is a great time to release new books.  I actually get very few of them.  I don't get that.  Imagine getting a new book for Christmas, one you haven't read, because your spouse/kids/parents/etc... could safely buy one that had just arrived in the store that week just before Christmas.

What about May/June.  Summer is coming.  Why are they not stock piling the summer reads.  I find I get more books in in August than those months.  Which seems silly to me.  Yes August is the month most of us go on vacation, but with the wonderful temps in May and June I have more people looking for books then.  It seems to be that with school letting out teachers and students not to mention mothers seem to just have more time to read. 

Well anyways, whether I agree with publishing houses or not, you do have a good list this week.  Enjoy.

Happy Reading,

The Mercy - Beverly Lewis
A Necessary Deception - Laura Alice Eakes
The Measure of Katie Calloway - Serena Miller
A Time for Peace - Barbara Cameron
A Bride's Potrait - Erica Vetsch
A Wedding Blunder - Kim O'Brien
The Scroll - Grant R. Jeffery/Alton L. Gansky
The Crossing - Serita Jakes
Letters from War - Mark Schultz/Travis Thrasher

No comments: