Monday, September 5, 2011

New Releases August 29 - Sept. 3

Dear Readers,

As I was starting to type up this short little list I was thinking it might not be worth looking at and maybe I should do a different list.  Then I noticed that I was putting on book #2 in the Father Tim series.  I read the orginal Mitford series many years ago.  I have loved everyone one of them and they sit quietly on my shelves at home just waiting to be read again.  I have shared them with many people and it is a series i have thought about reading them again.  *sigh* Maybe someday.

When I read them the first time I so wanted to go to Mitford and meet Father Tim and Cynthia and the whole gang.  I knew that where they lived isn't perfect, but it was just a neat reminder that there are places where people do care about their neighbors and enjoy each other's company even if they don't always agree.   I have truely never had a series of books that made me want to sit down and disappear into them completely, so enjoy a joke from Uncle Billy,a Bible verse with Barnabas and enjoy a cup of coffee with the gang at the diner and relax there isn't anything more important to do anyways.

Happy Reading

Against the Gates of Hell - Mylow Young
In the Company of Others - Jan Karon  - Paperback
The Queen - Steven James

No comments: