Monday, September 26, 2011

New Release Sept. 19-24

Dear Readers.

The Saturday before this releases I will be running in my first (and maybe last) 1/2 marathon.  You know how it is, something sounds like it will be loads of fun and how hard can it be.  Right?  Well that was my thinking and I was doing fine with the training until the last month or so.  The longer distances that were required started eating in to my Saturdays.  I had to get up early to beat the heat and the couple of hours it takes us to run those distances it made the morning go quickly.  Not to mention the naps I needed after all that running.  But now the training is over and I will have completed my task (hopefully) by the time you read this.  If not I am sure you will read about the woman who took two days to run 13.1 miles. LOL

I have to say that the best part of the training is I was doing it with my oldest daughter.  She has fought off cancer twice and (she hates this;-) is my inspiration for running.  I needed something to motivate me and when she suggested we run the longer runs together, that was all it took.  When my youngest joined us a couple of Saturdays ago there had to be more than one driver who passed us that thought we were crazy, but it was so much fun running, talking and laughing together.  I would run forever if it meant spending times with them. 

So this letter has gone on long enough and the reason I started it was to say, now that I don't have to train so much I can hopefully get even more reading done.  I know that pile of books I want to read never gets any smaller.  How about you, does your must read pile of books ever get any smaller?

Happy Reading

Then Two Hearts Meet - Janelle Mowery
When Love gets in the Way - Janelle Mowery
A Marriage for Meghan - Mary Ellis
The Baker's Wife - Erin Healy
Unexpected Dismounts - Nancy Rue
Dangerous Mercy - Kathy Herman
Love on the Line - Deeanna Gist
A Wedding Invitation - Alice Wisler
House of Secerts - Tracie Peterson
Wonderland Creek - Lynn Austin
Reclaiming Lily - Patti Lacy
Falling to Pieces - Vannetta Chapman

No comments: