Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Paul McCusker and Walt Larimore


Dear Readers,

I don't really know what I expected from this book, but I really enjoyed it. TSI: the Gabon Virus, by Paul McCusker and Walt Larimore is a suspense/action/end of the world type book. Not like the Left Behind books, but it is a race against the spread of a pandemic that starts in Africa. The TSI, Time Scene Investigators, scramble to find the cure.

Back in 1666, the tiny village of Eyam is almost completely wiped out by the Black Plague. They willingly cut themselves off from the world to stop the spread of the disease.

Mark Carlson is not sure he is ready to handle the medical emergency that has just been handed him. He carries a lot of emotional baggage. When the calls start coming he knows he has no choice and flies to joining TSI in England to help find the cure for a disease that seems to kill most of its victims in minutes after exposure.

As Mark and his team try to come up with answers, they begin to think the village of Eyam may contain the answers they are looking for.

I am not even sure why I liked this book. I guess I knew the answers to the questions before we even got started, but I found myself caught up in the story none the less. It made a good read without feeling like I couldn't lay it down. Maybe it was actually just plain and simply a good read.


Happy Reading


P.S. if you follow the link to purchase notice the title is wrong.

No comments: