Sunday, September 27, 2009

Christa Parrish


Dear Readers,

Christa Parrish does not write happily ever after books. I don't mean to say they are depressing, but they are never wrapped up in a nice bow. They are just more real than fiction. Does that make sense. I think I am trying to say is her fiction is more like a story you and I could live.

Watch over Me is the story of of Abbi and Ben and the baby that was found in the field. Sylvia is credited with saving their marriage, but the book is so much more than that. It is the story of a soldier returning from war without his best friend. It is the story of their marriage that was off to a rough start and Ben's leaving for Afghanistan didn't help it. It is also a story of Matthew, who is in search of his father.

There are many dynamics to this story so it is hard to give a review without giving something away. Just know this is an interesting story. It is one that is a good reminder to all of us that are married and those that want to get married. Marriage is work whether we want to believe it or not.

I would have to say that Christa is going to be on my list of must read authors. Her books are interesting, gritty and real. They easily could be something that could happen to any of us. I know most of you won't adopt a baby found in a field, but you know what I mean.

Happy Reading
Chris

No comments: