Thursday, April 16, 2015

Cliff Graham

Dear Readers,

Over the past week I have had the pleasure of reading Cliff Graham's newest release, Shadow of the Mountain - Exodus.  I have been waiting for a new book from Cliff ever since finishing his second book on David.  I know the other 3 are available online, but I just never got around to getting them as then I would have to read them on my reader.  No fun. :-)

Anyway, this time Cliff takes us to the time of Caleb and when Israel is on the cusp of taking over the promised land.  Caleb and Joshua have the battle all planned and they and their armies are ready to execute but the weather has other plans.  While the armies wait for the weather to clear one of the junior officers asks Caleb to tell his story. 

What we get is a wonderful story about what life was like in Egypt before the Israelites are set free.  Caleb rose through the ranks of Pharaoh's army until he becomes a palace guard, just in time for Moses and Aaron to show up in court and the power of Yahweh to be revealed. 

Now I have to mention that this book is written for guys, not me, but I thoroughly enjoyed it and am looking forward to the next book in the series.  It is a battle, killing and warrior filled book that if you are not ready for might be a bit of a surprise to you.  It is one of those books that while sitting on the shelf can intimidate the books next to it just because it is full of testosterone. 

Cliff writes it that way and makes no apology for it either.  He wants to write books for guys to enjoy and remember what it is like to be a guy.  I recommend his early books over and over to men readers and I have yet to have any one of them come back and complain about the violence or battles in the books. I have a strange feeling that this book will have the same results.

So get your battle swords out and join the warriors around the fire and learn what it was like to fight in a war in early Biblical times.

Happy Reading.

No comments: