Tuesday, August 13, 2013

C.F. Dunn

Dear Readers,
I was asked to read Death Be Not Proud by C.F. Dunn by Kregel and give my honest review.   I will be honest and say, I did not read book #1 of the series The Secret of the Journals, Mortal Fire. If I had it might have changed how I felt about it.  

I spent most of the book wondering what was going on and really not caring about what had happened in book one either.  I have had books where I ended up wanting to read the first book after reading book two, but not this one.  Mostly because by the time the time I got done listening to Emma whining about the loss of her love Matthew, he shows up and she is falling all over herself to talk and be with him. 
 
*Spoiler* As the book progresses you learn very quickly that Emma does not make great decisions about men, and the sad part is she is still making stupid choices when it comes to guys as she lets her stalker in even when she feels uncomfortable about him.   I would hope she would learn and yet she once again gets beat up by a guy. Yes again… *sigh*
C.F. does remind you of what happens in book one, but it is most of the plot line of the first half of the book and if I had read the first book it would have annoyed me to no end. If I had read book one I would have been bored with this book. 

I also do understand that book two can be a transitional book between one and three, but if it is then it has to make you want to read book 3. This book does not do that.  I am sorry to report I will not be recommending this book to anyone else.

Happy Reading   

No comments: