Thursday, February 9, 2012

Gayle Roper

Dear Readers,
Gayle Roper has written many different genres in fiction.  Years ago I read her Seaside Seasons series, which had a bit of mystery to it, but it was mainly an issue driven series.  Each book had a different focus and I really liked them.  Over the years I have read some of Gayle's books off and on.  I enjoy them for their mysteries and got a good issue with it also.
Shadows in the Sand is a new addition to the Seaside Seasons, but is listed under Seaside Mysteries.  Which leads me to believe there will be more. 
When the dishwasher from Carrie's Cafe is murdered and then one of the young waitresses goes missing, the tweeters of Seaside get the community involved with trying to solve the mysteries.
Who would want to kill Jason, he is finally get his life back after spending time in a cult.  Where would Andi go?  Does she know who the murderer is?  Is there a connection between Jase and Andi? 
I got this book from Multnomah for the purpose of a review.  It has been out for a little while, but well worth the time it took to read it.  I enjoyed getting reacquainted with the people who live in Seaside.  It really does sound like a nice place to live, well of course except for those pesky murders.
Happy Reading

P.S. This book is available in the store or by request at bakerbookstore.com

No comments: